The director of sales and marketing position is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Directs product research and development.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Presentation Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Technical Capacity.
This position is a contract role with 100% commission based on new contract sales and recurring revenue. There is $0.00 salary paid for this role.
This contracting position operates in any remote professional or home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a contract position, and hours of work and days are completely flexible and up to the contractor to manage their own time.
Travel is likely during the sales process. All travel expenses will be paid by the contractor. There will be zero reimbursement for travel expenses unless pre-approved prior to travel.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5+years of experience in sales, marketing or business administration
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Aggressive and motivated person requiring no supervision.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
US citizen or authorized to work in USA/None required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the contractor for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management: